I’ve made some long overdue fixes to the youtube-dl front-end. Hopefully this will inspire the youtube-dl developers to update as well.
I haven’t been doing the background art jams lately, so there hasn’t been any new Blender art to post. In fact I haven’t done any Blender in months. I should fix that.
There haven’t been any post-worthy updates either. I am just working, as usual, trying to finish a project. My game ideas keep getting better, you should watch this space. Maybe you could be part of the future.
It got some new features, like a quick filter for the history list, and a small options screen. There are other small features and fixes too. It even has a new 3D icon, which I am not sure I like.
UPDATE 22 Sept: It is now at v0.6.1, with some small fixes and a new icon.
I’ve been using youtube-dl for years and for some time I’ve needed a front-end for it, so that my command-line history is not filled with videos I watched when I should have been working.
Enter then the youtube-dl front-end, which allows me to keep a history of downloaded media, arranging the files in their correct folders, and a few other features. The other front-ends for youtube-dl I’ve run across on the internet all seem to suffer from bloat, which is something I like to avoid whenever possible. Hopefully others will find a good use for it too. It is currently at version 0.5, but everything should be working. So if something isn’t working, and you can type on a keyboard, then let me know.
Updates on other things: The site’s been quiet, but I have been working like a bastard behind the scenes. At the moment I try to keep to a pattern of working on one project on weekends and another during week days, which seems to be going well.
OR How to Learn C++ One Compiler Error at a Time
It wasn’t easy, but I got this game running on Linux, on my distro, at least. I was running into the kind of barriers one finds at the end of reality, so I decided to write a new AGS sockets plugin for Linux from scratch. It’s simple compared to even the oldest existing AGS sockets plugin that I know of–I won’t be making an AGS torrent client with it anytime soon–but it does what I need, I think.
So far, testing the game in a live environment has been interesting. Much like I imagine space exploration, I keep finding things in my own software that I can’t explain. But, onwards and upwards.
After some fiddling, and thanks again to the tireless work of the AGS community, I got the debian build up for The Abtyon Case. The linux build performs much better than I expected. I only had to fix one issue in the game before it was functioning roughly as well as the windows version. Even the distance dependant sound works.
The game performs equally well in wine, for anyone whose distro isn’t debian enough.